To apply for VISA to Australia (for Indians), check the VFS.GLOBAL website.
Here are the latest details.
- VISA Type: If you are unsure of what type of VISA to apply for, check the VISA FINDER page.
- Documents Required: Download the checklist from the VFS.GLOBAL website; also see the photo specifications, and fees involved. Download the latest application forms.
- Applying for VISA: Check the How To Apply page. Check the nearest VISA application centre. Ensure to check the Security Regulations. For clarifications or questions, email VFS.
- VISA Processing Time: Check it on the Australian High Commission New Delhi website.
- Tracking VISA Application: Use the tracking number provided in your acknowledgement received after submitting application form for a VISA, to track your application.
- From Dec 5, 2016 onwards, there’s a Priority Service or a Fast-track Service available. Please check the VFS GLOBAL website; as mentioned on their website, "Only Indian nationals residing in India are eligible to apply for priority processing."
- Check the Visa Options for Children.
- The Australian VISA may take about a month for processing; give yourself sufficient time. Sometimes, the eVISA may be sitting pretty in either your or your travel agent’s SPAM/JUNK folder; ensure to check. My VISA details were forwarded from my travel agent's SPAM folder!
- Also check the Tourist Refund Scheme details.