Friday 31 July 2009

Suzumi - Ikebana - Spiritual Journey

July 31, 2009

Suzumi - Ikebana - Spiritual Journey

I love flowers. If the flower arrangements represent Nature and her elements, then I fall in love with the arrangements. For me, something spiritual lies in each of the flower arrangements. It's difficult to explain, but, yes, it's spiritual for me.

Whenever I am a little low, one of the things I do to brighten up is that I flip through a book that has lovely pictures of colorful flowers and their arrangements. On the pages of the book, the colors blend so beautifully with its descriptions. I really pep up!

We got an opportunity to visit an exotic Ikebana exhibition, which was held at Ladies Club, Infantry Road, Bangalore. The Sogetsu School of Ikebana conducted this exhibition in the aid of an Abalashrama on D. V. G Road, Bangalore.

Elaborate ikebana filled the entire hall. Messages about peace and global warming were placed in front of a few arrangements. The concept behind each of the ikebana was amazing. I must appreciate the creativeness of the ladies. You will agree with me when you see a few photos of the ikebana.

If you are at Bangalore during August 15th, do not miss to visit Lalbagh Flower Show. This show will also exhibit some stunning ikebana. I have watched the women give their passion a form using flowers and Nature's elements. It's beautiful.

Regards,
Asha






No comments:

Post a Comment